Thursday, May 23, 2013

Give me the simple life

"Give me the simple life: how to pare back, power down and relish the good stuff" says the headline in a newspaper I saw a couple of weeks ago.
Isn't this what we all need to aim for? I certainly think so. Don't we all want the 'good stuff' and perhaps we think its in having more 'things', but its really about relishing the good we have, putting our attention on it so it grows.
This is something I think about quite a lot, so I'm making a new label for this blog - 'slow living'. So in this article there were interviews with several bloggers focussed on living a simple, slowed-down life and over the coming weeks I'll review each of them here, for my own sake and for each of you reading this.
My first review is about Simple Mom - a blog aimed at simplifying parenting in order to share more quality time with your children and family, and this certainly rings true to my heart.
This is what its really all about for me - I don't want to wait for 'retirement' to slow down. I want to live a slow, deliberate, mindful life now, so that I may enjoy my life and give the most to myself, my children, my family and others as much as I can.

Enjoy

No comments: