Friday, May 17, 2013

Playing the day away


My current favourite quote - it helps me to focus on the important things.
I love it when family come to visit. This week we have the pleasure of hosting my sister Cath and her daughter Elsa, and my Mum for the coming weekend too.
Yesterday was a rainy day of play for Rosie and her cousin, with Bethany tagging along, while little sis' and I attempted to catch up and cook warming meals.





 
Again I am reminded that the bonds of family can be strong despite distance as Cath and I just picked up where we left off last time we were face-to-face.

And now we experience, too, the joy of our daughters looking forward to meeting again. And for these girls, the strength of their play is their forte and the way they naturally learn.

 
 I am reminded of a another quote, this one by Charles Schaefer:

"We are never more fully alive, more completely ourselves, or more deeply engrossed in anything than when we are playing".

I think this applies to all of us, young and older, don't you think?

No comments: