Friday, May 17, 2013

Autumn Beauty

I love the way Mount Beauty is surrounded by colourful, deciduous foliage at this time of year.
I love the colours in Autumn that light up the streets and colour the view from our front window.
I love the dry crunch underfoot of a carpet of leaves as I walk from playgroup to the bakery with my daughters.

I love a cool Autumn bike ride with my loved ones alongside the river.





 
I love the first lighting of the fire and the crickle crackle of that carefully harvested wood.
I love watching my girls run through the piles of dry leaves around our small town and throw them up in the air to fall as snow.
I love the pumpkin soups that are made as our pumpkins ripen and the days grow colder.
And I love the knitting that is inspired by the cold hands and bodies we have at this time of year.
This is Autumn in Mount Beauty for me.


No comments: