Saturday, March 30, 2013

Why travel with children?

Easter camping at Freycinet NP is lovely. There are lots of people here but you wouldn't know it - campsites are tucked into the dunes, each with their own sea view or beach access, coastal forest surrounds the campsites, there are walks long and short to be done (if that's your thing) and at least one trendy cafe to get a good coffee. On the whole this is a special place that we've returned to.
But this time I feel exhausted just chasing kids. Camping makes sleep, washing, cooking, hygiene etc... just that little bit more complex and I've found myself asking that question that pops up without really noticing it: Is it worth it?
Pure emotions tell me No! But there must be more to it than that.
So today my gratitude is for the joys of travelling with my little ones.
I'm so thankful today for:
Rosie's love of nature and the outdoors
Games of scrabble with grandparents
Bethany walking in her cute shoes
Spelling lessons on the beach
A call from my love from a yacht out to sea
The sweet delights of hiding Easter eggs ready to be discovered tomorrow morning :-)










No comments: