Friday, July 26, 2013

Friday blog review: Ben Hewitt

I discovered this little blog through another - Soulemama (my favourite for a long time for instant inspiration). Its written by father of two Ben, who unschools his boys on their farm and I find myself laughing and nodding my head a lot when I have time to read one or two of his posts. He is funny in a way that I understand, likes to 'tell it how it is', which I appreciate, and is yet another blog that I follow where children are not formally schooled.
Now I'm not sure where this is heading for me, but I definitely seem to read a lot about others not schooling their children in the traditional way. More to come on this I think...
Anyway, what I do really love about Ben's blog is his passion for an authentic education for his boys. Unschooling is definitely not just a default option for him and his wife, this is what they believe to be the best education they can give their children and I find myself mesmerised by his description of their life together. They play on their farm, in nature, help with baling hay or feeding animals and play with handmade toys. It sounds like a eutopia of some sort and, like Soulemama, I am turning to this blog with joy and genuine interest almost daily now for some inspiration and new thoughts.

Enjoy

No comments: