Saturday, February 16, 2013

Rosie's cardigan in threes

After knitting Bethany's bolero last month I went in search of a cardigan to knit for Rosie in one piece (Bethany's bolero was knitted in 6 pieces which were stitched together - a nice end result but fiddly to knit and stitch accurately - not really my sort of knitting). So after reading some of Soulemama's blog I found a pattern she'd used for small girls' cardigans knitted on circular needles - no seams required. Its called 'In Threes' by Kelly Herdrich and I found the pattern on Ravelry. I used a 5mm circular needle (80cm long) and a Merino-Angora-Silk blend yarn from Cleckheaton (8ply - dk) in a maroon colour (with cute little blue flecks). It knitted up fairly quickly (a new thing for me) and I was just waiting for some wooden buttons from an Etsy store (Rainbow Lollies) to finish it off.
Rosie's sensitive skin isn't so sure about the yarn so we'll see how much she wears it, but I feel satisfied with my finished product and pleased to have it completed so quickly - more circular knitting for me! And more Ravelry too!









No comments: