Saturday, February 16, 2013

MY fabric

It finally arrived. An inconspicuous parcel from the post office. It only took two weeks to get here. I was excited. I was nervous.

Okay, enough drama.... I tried out a service on Spoonflower - a fabric website, where you can upload an image and they print it onto fabric. There were various cotton fabrics to choose from, so I ordered a fat quarter of my design in a cotton knit and a heavier-weight plain cotton. I wasn't sure how my watercolour would look as a fabric so my small order allowed me to check it out for the cheapest price.

My design might not win any awards (it also might) and its quite amateur compared to most other fabrics on the site, but I've created something unique and that feels good.

So far I've stitched it up using my amazing overlocker (yes, MB I am in love with it now!) into some baby leggings for Beth, but have plans to buy more yardage (as they say in America) and make some pyjamas for Rosie too.













No comments: