Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Nurturing a new violinist

I've been thinking about writing this post for a while now. I'm just so.........well, overwhelmingly excited that Rosie not only wants to play the violin, but that she's willing to practice, take advice (most of the time) and commit to getting better.

And the concentration I've seen, oh my it almost breaks my heart with joy to see her so dedicated and in love.

From practicing with older girls at school to enthusiastically listening to music and writing her own music at home to a first performance with friends at arts night (thank-you my lovelies), I see a girl blooming with her own confidence all of a sudden.

I want to explain why this is so important to me, but I'm having trouble with the words and all I can say is that it makes me a very happy Mama indeed to see my oldest littley expressing herself through music and growing creatively. Sigh. Happy. Mama.





No comments: