Saturday, May 31, 2014

Are you hiding behind your books?


I'm exploring a new way of writing, which is really a new way of creating, a new way of living.

Bear with me as I paint a picture for you...

I've been writing from my soul much more lately, with as much flow as I'm given. I write what feels personally important, what's calling me, without question. I just get it out there.

And a funny thing's been happening.

You know I used to read a lot - self help books, personal transformation books, cutting edge thoughts, programs etc - to ingest others' ideas in order to get through a problem and move forward. 

But the last few years have brought a shift - I'm reading less and writing more.

I'm looking inwards for answers and giving them to the world, rather than looking to others for answers and assimilating them within.

It's a subtle and profound shift.

It seems that there's a time for learning from others before you, and a time for pushing forward, over the edge and into new territory, carving a path where none previously existed.

A path based on faith and trust - a co-created way forward for all.

So, some questions and thoughts for you - Transformed Mamas, Teachers and Lovelies....

Are you hiding behind your books?

Are they, in fact, holding back your creativity?

What would happen if you put the self help books away and trusted yourself instead? What if you embraced the wobbly emptiness of that void and stepped up anyway?

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh my goodness - serendipity!
Wrote about writing last night, started a blog and I have committed to WRITING every darn day!
So yes embracing the "wobbly scary and fear filled" void and just writing anyway!
Miss you
Jxx

Unknown said...

Beautiful Miss Jodi! Go you good thing - your writing is so eloquent and heart-felt, what's your blog called? Can't wait to check it out. Xxx