Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Finding your Soulplace

Mount Beauty has always held a special place in my heart. It tugs at the strings. It fills my cup. And it has ever since I first came as a teenager.
And when I met Ian it was big tick on his report card when I discovered he loved it here too. Here is a true soulmate I thought. Wouldn't it be great if we could live in our soulplace?

We have a connection to land. To soil and air and water. To the mountains that surround you or the ocean that laps at your feet.

These places have an energy, a feel, that envelopes you when you're there and raises your vibes when you're away and dreaming about getting back.

Your love for your soulplace and your commitment to it is tantamount to marriage. And like a marriage, a happy union with your soulplace requires loving intention, committed attention and action when required. Whether you are aware or not, whether your interested or not, you are a custodian of the land on which you live and love. 

Finding that place that rocks your socks is as important as finding your soulmate for life. Look far and wide if necessary. Listen to your heart. Go where it calls you. Find your soulplace and live with love.

As for Ian and I? 

Well, after some searching around, lots of travel, a mortgage or two and children...we came back to our hearts. Back to Mount Beauty. Back to the country air, the high peaks, the friendly people....and of course the skiing, bike riding, kayaking.... Need I say more?

X x


ps. Here are some photos of my soulplace - flowers, sunshine, mountains, adventures... *sigh*



No comments: