Sunday, May 5, 2013

Slowing life down

So often I'm rushing about. Sometimes this is an obvious 'OMG we're going to be late for that train, we'd better hurry'. But more often its a subtle state of mind where I find myself thinking almost-subconscious thoughts that rush life past me.
For example, I routinely think ''there's not enough time', 'hurry up Mama' and 'if I just get this done then everything will be okay'. And this last one is the classic one that sneaks up on me. So much so that sometimes just being at home can be overwhelming just because there's always 'just one more thing' to get done.
Often I read about the need to stop buying more 'stuff' to make yourself happy. But I want to add to this; 'I need to stop getting stuff done to make myself happy'. Sure there's work that needs doing, but letting it drive my life is like letting a giant vacuum cleaner be in charge (although I admit the carpet would be cleaner) - always sucking away creativity and open-minded ness.
What I want to focus on is taking a deep breath and being still.
Just still.



...and allowing myself to be happy with where I am now.

No comments: