Monday, September 2, 2013

The day that didn't happen

It was meant to be a day for me. To focus on a new direction for this blog. To pause and reflect. To dream and plan ahead...

A day for me. Just me.

But it became a day to look at a new car. And a day for me to be a Mama to our two girls. A day to work in the garden.

I felt frustration, yes. And I considered anger and self-pity for a while. But, really.

The sun was warm on our back as we played in the garden. The sourdough loaves filled our home with that delightful, yeasty smell. And Ian found the car we'd been looking for. For the right price. In the right location. And that means our trip around Australia next year is one step closer to being a reality.

And then Ian arrived home, flushed from his success in finding our dream car, and we eagerly worked together for the afternoon to complete the additions to our chicken's accommodation. Our two feathered girls, Henny Penny and Poppy, now joined by Pippy(2) and Sam (more on these beauties another time) can now roam in the sun all day long without disturbing any neighbours. They can scratch and dig and fossick as much as they like. And I can't tell you how happy this makes this Mama.

And then, after all this work in the garden the sun was still shining. So I asked myself and what of this day for me? Just me?

I'm thinking that maybe I got it. I got just what I wanted after all.













No comments: