Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Packing to come home

Personal growth, like the seasons, is up and down I find. There are patches of time where this Mama feels like she's floating in a kind of limbo and other times when growth is almost exponential and definitely not predictable. Like the seasons around us in Mount Beauty.
And so it has been that this Mama found herself in a limbo these last few weeks (months - goodness knows?). I haven't been knitting for a while...and I haven't been sewing...and the blog has been neglected.... Perhaps it was the cold, short days of this season. Perhaps it was just time for a plateau.

Nevertheless Spring is here with increasing vigor and today our little family of four packed and cleaned and planned for a week away. With some camping with friends near the beach to a few days with Noni and Pa, a little holiday is just what we all need.

And amid all this packing and planning and cleaning I felt a shifting in the limbo and with it came a yearning for some Soulemama - my favourite blog, which had been neglected also in said limbo. So a a sneek peek it was, but my oh my, such inspiration, such love and joy and colour and all those good things that never fail to spark some inspiration inside me were there for the taking and I couldn't resist getting out my over locker and sewing machine. Finally. After being packed away lovingly that long season ago.

And as I returned to my holiday packing, after a quick little sew (just to check it was all working of course...), I thought about how I wasn't just packing and planning and cleaning to be prepared for our holiday activities, but I that I was also preparing our home for another chapter to begin when we return. Like a clean slate, I left surfaces empty, clothes away, games and toys organised, ready for them to be filled up, pulled out and played with in a new way. And I left myself with reminders of all those exciting fabrics, patterns and ideas that sprung forth with today's inspiration - ready to unleash myself upon when we return.

I feel the upwelling of creativity just beginning. Do you?














No comments: