Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pink lemon cordial

We don't exactly have a glut of lemons (although that would be nice) but our young tree has done well this year and given us enough for cooking and to make a couple of batches of lemon cordial.
I used my friend Bron's Lemon Cordial recipe and added some fresh grated beetroot at the end to add a pink tint (the girls love my extra effort!).
To 1 Litre of water I added 1kg of sugar, brought it to the boil and then allowed it to cool to room temperature.
To this cooled mixture I added 2 cups of freshly squeezed lemon juice and the freshly grated beetroot, then strained the whole lot to remove any pulp and the remains of the beetroot.
To this I added 2 tsp of lemon essence (as per the recipe although I think I'll leave this out next time).
Then I bottled it up. It made about 2 litres of cordial to spice up our days...
Enjoy!











No comments: