Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Blog review: Little Eco Footprints

I have discovered a delightful little blog called Little Eco Footprints. I love that its Australian, that its written by a Mama of two girls and most of all that this family is working towards a sustainable life full of learning and growing together.

After a read of several posts I've picked one that hits the spot for me at the moment - Learning to be a slow spender. As I've written in several posts recently (Little Treasures, Our $21 Challenge, part 1 and part 2), we are on a mission to reduce our spending and really bring more awareness to what we do with our money and what we bring into our home. Tricia writes in this post about the 'old-fashioned' concepts of saving for things first (rather than spending on credit), using lay-by to save up for purchases (rather than buying it now, probably on credit) and resisting the urge to buy what you see and to wait for something cheaper or free to turn up that will do the same job. Really its about patience and trust.

Now this Mama hasn't been known for her patience in the past (although in my defence I have improved a lot) and trust is something that I'm learning to focus on more and more. But despite this I like the ideas in Tricia's post and feel like its adding another piece to our budget puzzle.

No comments: