Friday, July 19, 2013

Knitting with friends

Click, clack go the needles. Conversation flows. A slice of sourdough, some homemade pumpkin soup and the sounds of our young girls at play.
Ahhhhh. Such a satisfying day.
My cowl, so dreamed about for so long, has now begun to take shape. And, after looking at several patterns on ravelry, I decided to make up my own pattern. Its not that hard after all, especially if I keep it simple. So....
Cast on 200 or so stitches onto 5mm circular needles (no need to be exact here)
Knit in the round until I use up my two beautiful skeins of Malabrigo 100% Peruvian wool in Purple Mystery...or until wide enough, whichever comes first.
Uncomplicated? Yes, but at the moment I just want to knit without thinking about patterns. Well...without thinking at all really. I want to feel the meditative rhythm of the needles as I guide the wool around them. I want to feel the pure joy of creating something warm and colourful just for me.
*sigh*
So, dreamy interludes aside, this Mama had a lovely day with another special Mama this week. We knitted, we ate, we talked (and we were interrupted by a rude neighbour who didn't appreciate our adventurous chickens in his yard, but that's another story) and we had a lovely, lovely time. Thank-you my special friend - lets do it again soon....

The beginning of my cowl


Yet another sourdough loaf consumed

A special friend knitting a cardy for her daughter


Some interesting knitting techniques were on display


Sunshine, some knitting...what more could you ask for?

No comments: