Sunday, May 26, 2013

Where I'm at right now...

I've been off sugar for 8 weeks now and in doing so have completed Sarah Wilson's I quit sugar program. I'm pleased with how I've gone and surprised to discover that I'm really not that excited by sugar anymore. To some extent I'm actually (dare I say it) bored with donuts, chocolate and caramel croissants. I have, however, found some sugar sneaking into my diet recently. Its like I've taken my foot off the gas, am coasting along, and suddenly I'm not quite heading in the direction I wanted to be.
So I'm finding myself re-evaluating my food choices overall - what's important and why, and how to make it practical too.  I saw a banner for Nourish Melbourne recently and liked its quote:
 "Its Simple: Don't eat food that's been f*#cked with" - this is where I'm heading right now. More about my 'real food' journey to come.
In addition to all this I find myself in a happy place right now. I'm spending plenty of time in my sunshiny garden with the girls, our chickens and our veggies. I smile as I hear Rosie and Bethany playing and laughing together on the trampoline.

Life is good.








xhxo s -. L;'

No comments: