Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Rosie's quilt rug

I've been working on a rug for Rosie's floor based on a quilt backed by a thick woollen baby blanket that I got from an op shop.

It's been in progress for a few days now and is just completed for her floor. As I've stitched over the last few days I've imagined the happy times Rosie will have on this rug - the reading, the playing the dress-ups. Each stitch has been a symbol of my care and love.

For this is a rug to be stood on, yes, but its colours are also a source of inspiration in al, seasons - cool blue for Summer, rich purple and reds to warm her up in Winter, greens for Spring and orange for Autumn.

It's a rug to ground Rosie, literally and figuratively, through her feet and her heart.

As I stitch I imagine all this and I smile :-)












No comments: