Sunday, November 25, 2012

Market sewing

This is market time of year, I guess in the lead-up to Christmas, and I have been part of a stall with some lovely ladies where we sell some of our sewing. For me, and I think for all of us involved, it's inspirational to get together and sew different things, to see what we are each into at the moment, and to compare sewing books and fabrics (and of course talk about our children and the garden and lots of other things).
We've done one already where I made some hanging garlands from felt (see photo - I'm not sure what to call them but they're lovely hanging in our house). And for the next market day I've been appliqué-ing shapes of nice fabric onto t-shirts. It's been fun and has me sewing - something I'm enjoying more and more :-).









No comments: