Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The power of vintage arts for raising your vibrations




Here's what my evenings have been looking like lately, once our girls are safely tucked up in bed.

A bit of chocolate, some peppermint tea, a good number of stitches on my needles and I'm a happy mama.

There's something so comforting about knitting, particularly in our colder months - the warmth of the wool, the brightness of the colours in our sometimes drab weather and the sheer meditative simplicity of one stitch after another. Something we can all benefit from, am I right?

This is the Milo vest, which I first discovered through Soulemama and have knitted several times before. This time for a fast growing Bethany in orange, claret and turquoise stripes.

As I write I'm sitting here enjoying the quiet of late eveningtime with the welcome company of my unencumbered thoughts and the rhythm of my knitting. 

It's blissful and creative. A joyful vintage meditation. And I think it's something we all aspire to. Handmade fun. Sleek simplicity. Transformed goodness.

You don't need expensive self-help books or years of lengthy self-analysis or even time to formally meditate each day to feel calm and grounded - sometimes you just need to get back to basics, like they did in the past naturally. A bit of knitting each day, some hand stitching, a homemade birthday card or tightening up the waistband on those too-big pants for your daughter - all are grounding, creative and simple in their intent. 

This is what we need. This is what transforms us organically. One stitch at a time.

So get into it Mamas, and manifest that simplicity you desire through good, old-fashioned handcrafts. My best wishes for simple days to you with love. Xx

No comments: