Thursday, July 3, 2014

Forget habits, build rituals



Habits are so yesterday. Rituals are the new present.

I've been pondering on this lately because it seems that rituals are becoming a new buzzword - in the self-help field at least - but more and more in broader media circles. It might just be me that feels this, but either way it's a hot topic I'd love to start a juicy conversation with you right now.

So what's the deal? How are they different?

Glad you asked. Here's what I think...

Habits can be consciously built, but are mind-numbing once in place - we forget about them and they just happen, unexamined. They stem, it feels to me, from an ego-centred mindset, where behaviours and choices are placed on automatic pilot, left there to be the same forever - safe and predictable.

Rituals are so much more about love and intention and presence. They begin with intention and flow on throughout your day. Essentially, they're a mindful mama's best friend.

Just a short post for you today my friends. Enjoy these colder, inner times by building in some rituals to anchor your days to the divine.

Xx

No comments: