Friday, January 3, 2014

A new year, a new education

Hi there lovely Mamas,

It's a new year, and despite it's quiet beginnings there is definitely a shift in energy and the impetus for change is firmly in our court.
In our household we've embraced the ideas of 2013 and are putting them into firm action. First off is our further commitment to homeschooling.
We've officially registered Rosie for homeschooling in Victoria and are in the process of negotiating 3 days a week of formal schooling for her at our lovely local school.
As I've written before, this is not a common approach in our neighbourhood, nor do I know anyone else who does this, but it feels right to me. And despite pushing those feelings aside for quite a while now, this passion to school my girls at home still knocks at my heart and I can ignore it no longer.
Thus....we have begun lessons for the year, starting today, with a look at our yearly calendar. It's part planning-part learning about the yearly cycles we live by, but either way an important way of looking at the world as both a natural cycle and a period of time during which we can manifest our desires. With a yearly plan on the wall (see photo below) I can help Rosie, and all of us, to look ahead with increased clarity and balance.
This was a fun learning experience together and I'm looking forward to further learning adventures next week.
Peace Mamas...

Our 'new' homeschooling space with Great Nan's old table

The yearly calendar - days, weeks, months, seasons, solstices and equinoxes, birthdays and holidays all on show.

Writing practice on the new kitchen table - so lovely to be working on wood.

1 comment:

Jacqui Veal said...

Wow, this is awesome, but only what I would expect from you! Go girl!