Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Pockets of Joy


The lovely garden at Bairnsdale - full of colour and growth and love at this time of year.

Miss Bethany with her first hair cut looking decidedly grown up.

Daisies.

Part of 'The Pergola' - lovingly crafted by Dad over the last few months - with some beautiful roses already in flower.

Sandcastle building in full-swing.







Artwork in the morning - a lovely way to pass some wet weather.




Our field trip to Mallacoota has been completed by a few days visit to Noni and Pa's farm near Bairnsdale. As with previous visits here the girls are in love with the flowers, the space, the 'new' toys, Oscar the dog and of course having their beloved grandparents so close at hand.

I, again, found myself retreating to the study to peruse Mum's large collection of good books (I still manage to find something new to read after all these years). And Ian found his way to two different mountain bike parks with his bike, and had a paddle (in his kayak) in one of the local rivers (during a storm) with a friend from China. A happy Ian came home from that training session.

It's been a relaxed but busy time for all except this Mama who has felt tired, flustered and in one of those dull limbo's in this early Spring season.

I was hoping for an upwelling of inspiration this week away that would outweigh the tiredness and allow me to move forward. Instead I'm feeling stuck and find myself waiting for the time when I feel better. 

Such a waste.

This time hasn't arrived yet and tomorrow we head home and so for this Mama the focus must be on each moment as much as possible. Low times are an important part of life and creativity. I choose to believe that this low, quiet, tired time is what I need right now.

Throughout this have been pockets of joy - building sand castles on the beach, painting with Rosie, a surprise gift from Dad (thanks) and a walk with just Mum (so rare these days). These are the things that this Mama holds on to from this trip. These will travel back with me to Mount Beauty tomorrow where the next chapter begins. Whatever that may bring.

Wishing you many pockets of joy in your days.


No comments: