Monday, June 17, 2013

The Weekly Harvest

This week I introduce a new weekly post about our garden. In order to appreciate what our garden offers us, and the importance of its role in our natural and authentic lifestyle, I will bring you images and recipes of what's growing for us up here in Mount Beauty.

This week in our garden there are but a few pickings on offer. Henny Penny continues to lay a small, clean egg most days and Pippy and Poppy are growing nice and plump to get them through the Winter.
Today I'm preparing a lovely slow-cooked beef stew to enjoy with my loved-ones tonight and tomorrow. And from our garden came several welcome additions. Parsley, rocket and rosemary have added some lovely, deep flavours and I also picked some small beetroot and added them, leaves and all, for colour, sweetness and vitamins. Henny Penny's egg has been put aside for breakfast tomorrow (oh how I look forward to that bright yellow yolk...) and I also picked our first lemon and orange for the season (handy for this Mama's head cold!).

Ahhh, eating from the garden is refreshing and grounds me so. Wishing you a down-to-earth day.


A collection of fresh garden produce - even in June!








No comments: