Monday, June 10, 2013

Raw Choc Sesame Balls

I make these based on a healthy, homemade choc-nut spread recipe which I've adapted to turn into balls of chocolately (but healthy) goodness (although I've added honey, rather than rice malt syrup, but either will do).
After several attempts and lots of eating by all I think I have a recipe that will work. Enjoy - and let me know how you go...




 
Raw Choc Sesame Balls
 
4 Tbl coconut butter, just melted (not too hot)
4 tbl peanut butter (or other nut butter)
1 tbl honey
1 tbl raw Cacao powder
I 1/2 cups sesame seeds
 
1. Melt the coconut butter until its just turned to a liquid. This won't take long however if you let it get hotter it will start to cook the peanut butter when you add it.
 
2. Take the saucepan off the stove and mix in the peanut butter, honey, cacao powder and 1 cup of sesame seeds until well combined.
 
3. Place the saucepan in the fridge until the coconut butter has set again (about 20 mins).
 
4. Take the saucepan from the fridge with the now-solid mixture. Scoop teaspoons of the hardened mixture into your palm and roll into balls then roll these into the remaining sesame seeds to coat.
 
5. Return the balls to the fridge to set completely (about 1 hour). Makes approximately 25 balls of chocolaty antioxidant goodness.



No comments: