Thursday, January 24, 2013

Fabric wall art

Lately I've been fascinated with fabric, wool and thread (if that wasn't already obvious from my last posts :-). I dream about their colours, I fantasise about the softness of a skein of wool or the feel of jersey cotton.
And I've begun to think more creatively about my use of fabrics. "How else can I display this beautiful fabric?", " I think to myself..."how can I solve this problem by knitting or stitching?" Perhaps I'm becoming a fanatic, perhaps I'm rediscovering an old friend, either way I'm enjoying this new passion and its hold on my life!
With all these thoughts swirling around in my head I decided to create some art for my girls bedroom walls - partly to decorate, partly to display. So Bethany got the Matryoshka doll pattern and Rosie chose a circus elephant from a larger pattern to match with her impending trip to see Cirque du Soleil with Noni and Pa.
Lovely!





No comments: